Sunday, October 31, 2010

A hypothetical question.

A conversation I had with Brendan on the way to dropping him off at a Halloween party...

"Mom? If my friends and I were walking along the road, minding our own business and a group of people was walking towards us and they had fireworks and at that exact moment the police came and stopped all of us and busted the whole group for having fireworks, would you be mad? Would you bail me out if they took us to the police station?"

"Brendan, if a group of kids was walking towards you with fireworks I would expect that you would keep moving past them, or cross to the other side of the street. If the police came at the exact second that you appeared to be a part of this group of kids with the fireworks, I would be sure to mention this conversation to the police when I come to pick you up from the police station."

"Oh."

No comments: