Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm starting to question my very existence.

I think these questions are starting to effect my long term mental health. Get a load of this one...

10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?

I can't even begin to think of an appropriate answer. I can honestly say that I haven't sat down and thought, "hmmmm what should I do this year that will impact eternity?". Philosophically speaking, EVERYthing I do this year will impact eternity - you know, the whole 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction' thing. And, of course, there is GOD - the One who really controls eternity. Hmmmmm.... what will matter the most? I'm going to go with the safe answer and say, it will be investing in the lives of children and their families.
I am a big believer in investing in children, so that they are prepared to change the world. My kids are the obvious ones for me to invest in and come on.... mine will definitely alter the course of the world in some way! But, I think the biggest thing for me will be the children that come through our home as foster children (assuming we get approved and they actually trust us with kids). If my home can provide stability, love, support and guidance to a child and their family, then I will feel that we have done something that matters.

Hahahaha - writing that made me think of something that Dylan was telling me about. He was writing a story for school and drawing it's accompanying illustration about an entity that eats children. And if you don't have any children then it will eat you if you are able to make children. If you can't make children, you are spared being eaten, but you will be infected with it's DNA so that you will become one of them.
I am waiting for the phone call from the school...

Does anyone have two boys I could borrow for the purposes of a foster family interview?

No comments: