Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wait... what WAS that???

I think I have talked here before about my at home, no expense necessary, workout regime - haven't I? I am on a mission to complete the 200 sit ups, 200 squats, 100 push ups and 150 dips program by my birthday (January 2). I work on a schedule of reps 6 days a week and then I walk/run 3 days a week. To be honest, the reps schedule I do without fail, but I am not so consistant at the run/walk 3 days a week part. As in, I haven't done it once this week. I know, I am only cheating myself. But that's not the point of this blog.
Tonight, as I was on dip number 18, I glanced sideways and saw the outline of a muscle in my shoulder/arm that I am pretty sure I haven't seen since 1987. That spurred me on to more dips so I could check it out to make sure it was what I thought it was and NOT a new fat roll that was casting a shadow. Can you believe it? It was really a muscle. AND, there was one on the other shoulder as well. Of course you can only see this muscle when I'm heaving myself up from the bottom of my dip, so all you people who will be craning your necks in church to check out my new found muscles.... save yourself the trouble - there is nothing to see.
Another success tonight? While I was on sit up number 57 I opened my eyes to check out the lay of the land and I'm pretty sure I am down a stomach fat roll. Or maybe the big one above my belly button absorbed the medium one below it. Who cares? I say. As long as I can't see it, it isn't there. (hmmmmm, that is a fairly bad life philosophy, but I think it can apply here.)
Ever since I gave my scale to Cheryl (I was getting a bit obsessive with it.) I have had to rely on new ways to measure my progress. I did have one cheat weigh in when I stopped by her house a week ago, but that's it. I am so determined to make my goals by my birthday. I can't think of any better birthday present to myself than to look down at that scale and see the results of effort. If I do it, I will have broken through a weight barrier that I haven't crossed in 15 years. I get excited just thinking about it.
I dream about these things you know. One day I might lie in the bath tub and there will be room for the water to swirl AROUND me. One day I will look down at my stomach and not mistake it for my butt. One day I will walk down the street and there will be daylight between my thighs. One day I will raise my arms and all the hanging down bits will raise up too. And, one day there just might be an angle from my chin to my neck that is closer to 90 degrees rather than 45 degrees. Oh, one day, how I long for you to be here....

No comments: