Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm drawing a blank.

I've been thinking of blog post things for the past couple of days and every time I come up with something good to write about, Brendan has the computer and by the time I get it back I've forgotten all the good stuff!
I'll try and give you the highlights in point form...

~walking out of Atlantis on our last night with one kid crying "I never even asked to come to the stupid Bahamas!" I'm sure you can only imagine the looks we were getting.

~almost being late for the taxi taking us to the airport because we didn't want to miss the end of "Keeping up with the Kardashians"

~we got to go through the secret exit at the Orlando airport to get to our private town car to drive us to Cocoa Beach. It was so worth pre-booking a car - so luxurious! We were watching other cars on the highway look at our car and wonder who was inside! (If only they knew...)

~Brendan and I went wandering through a grocery store in Cocoa Beach and he wanted to buy every American junk food treat known to mankind. Twinkies and HoHo's anyone?

~Dylan and I braved the Cocoa beach public transit system and took a bus to a local mall to find a GameStop. He perked up immensely when he found 2 games at great prices. We discovered there are a lot of crazy people that ride the bus (and I'm not including us in that statement.)

~Brendan and I had to return from the grocery store in the WORST rain we have EVER seen. It was incredible! A true wall of water falling from the sky. By the time we had crossed the parking lot, we were walking in ankle deep water and the cars had pulled over. An unbelievable experience!

~JetBlue is now our favourite airline. So friendly, tons of room in the comfy, big seats and the BEST snacks!

~I am going to buy a cord for the camera once we are off the cruise and back in Florida so pictures will come your way in a week or so.

~We all agree that we could never live in the USA. Not sure I could put words to our reasons without offending anyone or staying even remotely, politically correct! Glad to be a Canadian!

~Tomorrow is cruise day and I can't wait! I am most excited to see what vegan delights the chefs have prepared! (and of course I'm super excited to use the state of the art gym...)

~ Oh, did I tell you about going down the crazy wild waterslides at Atlantis? Brendan and I got to the top of the Leap of Faith (named that for a VERY good reason!) and I chickened out. Then he told me to "grow a pair" in front of all these cops from New Jersey and then they agreed with him. What was I supposed to do?? So I took a leap of faith and went. And lived. Same thing happened at the Abyss. I know. I have a very rude child. Who raised him anyways?

~As for the cops from New Jersey... there were 1800 New Jersey cops at Atlantis while we were there. Atlantis = very safe. New Jersey? Not so much. Not bad to look at either, no they weren't.

I think those are the main highlights from the last couple of days. No posting or facebook while we're on the cruise, so see you in a week!

1 comment:

Jay said...

haha, we don't live in the US for a reason too... and I married an American who feels the same way ;)

Also, American Twinkies are HUGE compared to Canadian ones.

Eager to see pictures!