Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just frustrated.

I think God is trying to tell me something. From the first time we dreamed of this trip, we wanted to plan a trip unlike one we had ever done before. We wanted to stay in nice places, do some extra things, go somewhere exotic - we wanted a bit of luxury. This was to be the once in a lifetime Pearson vacation. The bottom line is that I am thankful that we are here. I am glad we have gone the places we've gone and that we are enjoying theme parks, etc.

BUT.

It just seems that at every turn there is a problem. The townhouse we are staying at has a lot of problems and none of them are being resolved quickly. They aren't big things in the scheme of things, but I booked this place because of the fantastic reviews. And I have to say, I really think it is just the luck of the draw that it is like this for us. It's like there was a bad renter in here before us and they covered things up on the surface so that the management company didn't really notice. Dylan is sleeping on the couch in the living room because his bedroom has a broken bed (the frame is shattered and it was propped up with the bed skirt pulled down) and his cable outlet is broken. The taps in the bathroom drips, the shower door doesn't latch, the fridge water filters need changing, there are a lot of missing linens, the community gate is broken (someone drove through it) and there is not a gym anymore.

So, while the "dream" part of our vacation was upheld with the cruise part, the rest of it has been a bit lackluster. We are still having fun and we will always find the good things, but I'm disappointed that we didn't get to have the "luxury" part. Makes me think that we should just stick to what know from now on. It's the expectations that mess things up. If we had come on this trip knowing our budget would be so restricted by unforeseen problems and that we would be staying in so-so places, it would be a different story. Oh well. As I said, I am thankful that we are here, just disappointed in the details.

No comments: