Thursday, October 13, 2011

A day at EPCOT.

I learned some things today and for what it's worth, I will share them with you.

1. Disney farms its own fish and grows its own crops in order to sustain the food in their parks and on their resort properties (including the cruise ships).

2. They work with the US Agriculture Dept. to develop sustainable and ecologically friendly farming practices - including aquaculture and a lot of hydroponics.

3. They grow up to 35,000 tomatoes in a year!

4. If your child has a meltdown, you get a magic pass that gets you to the front of the line on any attraction. And just to be safe, they give it to you for the entire time you are visiting Disney.

5. When you don't have to wait in any line-ups, you can get through a park in half a day.

6. The EPCOT Food and Wine Festival is worth returning for. There are food and drink booths set up all through the park, from all of the countries represented in the park. I think Brendan and I might come back for it next year.

7. The strangest things make me lose it. (I don't care if that water fountain doesn't feel as good as the other one, DRINK OUT OF IT!)

8. People will pay A LOT of money to make their kid stop whining. (this was not me, by the way)

9. Michael Jackson was an awesome dancer. (was reminded of this while watching Captain EO)

10. There is ALWAYS something to be happy about.

2 comments:

Laura@BSDS said...

Man.....we chose not to visit Epcot, because of the food thing. I thought Soph would find it boring!

Diane said...

If you like to try new things, then it is incredible!